Dull, discolored, and problematic skin may get out of control any time of the year. However, many patients who have undergone dermaplaning with the team at The Skin Elite are excited to see the results of this simple, minimally invasive procedure.
What is dermaplaning?
The providers of The Skin Elite in the San Antonio, TX community describes dermaplaning as a safe and highly effective exfoliation procedure. Using a sterile surgical scalpel, our providers will shave the upper surfaces of the skin. By doing so, patients will have dead skin and “peach fuzz” hair removed. The surgical scalpel is expertly handled by our trained and experienced providers to exfoliate the skin. The treatment is used to completely rejuvenate the appearance of the skin.
What are the benefits of dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning has many advantages, which is why patients consider undergoing this treatment to transform the appearance and health of their skin. Dermaplaning:
- Reduces acne and acne scarring
- Smooths the surface of the skin
- Allows for products to penetrate deeper, becoming more effective
- Removes peach fuzz that can trap oil and dirt and contribute to acne
- Exfoliates the skin with the removal of dead skin cells that cause a dull appearance to the skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Provides instant results that require no healing, downtime, or recovery
- Is great for patients of all skin types
- Can be performed regularly for bright, beautiful skin
Is dermaplaning right for me?
Patients who have been using over-the-counter products to improve their skin’s texture and tone with minimal results may be considered a good candidate for dermaplaning. This procedure may also be beneficial for patients who have various skin concerns and are seeking a single solution to them all!
Schedule an appointment today to learn more about dermaplaning
The providers at The Skin Elite of San Antonio, TX are pleased to offer dermaplaning as a solution to imperfect skin. If you are ready to discuss dermaplaning with one of our team members, we invite you to call us to make an appointment at (210) 800-9696 and visit with our team at 2108 Northwest Military Highway. We accept new patients interested in quality skin care solutions!