How do chemical peels work?
Similar to facials but slightly stronger and much more effective, chemical peels are naturally-occurring acid solutions that are applied to patients’ skin and then gently removed. The benefits of chemical peels are also similar to those of dermabrasion procedures, as they treat many of the same skin problems.
Depending on the type of chemical peel, the acid solution can be comprised of singular or combined mixtures of alpha-hydroxy acids, trichloroacetic acids, or phenolic acids. The acid solutions stimulate the growth of new collagen, strip away dead skin cells, remove blemishes and skin imperfections, and improve the tone and texture of skin.
Benefits of a chemical peel at a glance
- Non-surgical, although can be combined with a facelift
- Individualized to your exact skincare needs
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Boosts self-confidence
- Can buff away pre-cancerous growths
What can I expect from treatment?
Depending on the individual needs of patients’ skin, there are different levels of intensity to choose from when it comes to chemical peels. The specific acid solution used in certain chemical peels will, in turn, affect the treatment process and the end results, as will patients’ varying skin conditions. These are a few reasonable expectations for treatment results, based on the three main chemical peels used today:
- Alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) chemical peels are considered to be the lightest, the least intense, and can treat acne, fine lines, and dry skin. Due to the lighter solution, AHA chemical peels also have the shortest treatment and recovery times.
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) chemical peels are thought of as medium-intensity chemical peels and they can effectively treat light wrinkles, acne, and uneven pigmentation. TCA peels are also the most effective facial peel for darker-skinned patients seeking anti-aging benefits.
- Phenolic acid solutions usually constitute the strongest and deepest chemical peels. While this means they create the most noticeable, longest-lasting results, they also require the longest treatment times (over an hour), and involves the longest recovery periods. However, the intensity of phenolic chemical peels can successfully rid patients of acne, deep wrinkles, sun damaged skin, and even pre-cancerous growths.
At Skin Elite we offer chemical peels ranging from levels 1-3
Why choose The Biomed Spa for your chemical peel?
While many unlicensed spas and beauty outlets may offer chemical peels as part of their treatment options, it is always advisable to seek treatment with a board certified professional at an accredited medical facility. This is to ensure both your health and well being, as well as the artistry and effectiveness of your results.
Our aestheticians have been offering stunning cosmetic services as part of our practice for years. We are down to earth, trustworthy, compassionate, and highly skilled, making for a winning combination and unrivaled outcomes.
Call today to schedule your confidential consultation and find out for yourself what luxury skincare feels like. We provide among the best chemical peels.