PRE & POST CARE
Neurotoxins Pre & Post Care
- This treatment is not recommended if you have an important event within 2 weeks of injection due to potential for bruising.
- Avoid herbal supplements such as Ginko, green tea and anti-inflammatories of any kind for 2 weeks before and following treatment to limit bruising.
- For the first 5-6 hours following Botox/Dysport/Xeomin, remain upright and periodically perform facial movements in the areas of injections in order to work the Botox/Dysport/Xeomin into the muscle - e.g., smile, squint, etc.
- Do not participate in activities that include heavy lifting, vigorous exercise or straining for 2-3 hours (it takes approximately 2-3 hours for Botox/Dysport/Xeomin to bind to the nerve and you do not want to increase circulation during that time).
- Do not rub, touch, or manipulate Botox/Dysport/Xeomin for 6 hours.
- Avoid irritating products for 24 hours following Botox/Dysport/Xeomin.
- Make-up may be applied gently before leaving the office, remember to wipe up and away from your eyes or brows.
Bruising in the area injected is normal and often expected, especially if treated around the eyes. Bruising can last up to several weeks. Using/taking Arnica may help diminish bruising.
- It may take up to 12 days for Botox/Dysport/Xeomin to take full effect.
- A follow-up visit at 10 days to 2 weeks is suggested to assess results for subsequent treatments, particularly if you are a first time client. If full correction is not achieved, you will need to purchase additional Botox/Dysport/Xeomin for injection.
- Re-treatment is typically needed between 2-6 months.
Regular injections usually yield a longer lasting Botox/Dysport/Xeomin result.
- If your upper lip was treated you will not be able to drink through a straw, whistle, or enunciate some words for approximately 2 weeks.
- Although rare, infection in the injected area is possible. Signs of infection may include redness and tenderness in the infected area and fever. Should you develop an infection, antibiotics may be necessary. Please contact us should you have any concerns.
Post Treatment Instructions
- It is crucial to walk immediately after the treatment
- There can be no jogging, swimming or other high impact physical activities for 7-10 days after treatment
- Sun exposure must be limited for 2-4 weeks after the treatment. If necessary to go into the sun, use SPF 30 or greater at all times.
- Wear compression stockings for 72 hours and then during the day while on feet for up to two weeks.
- Any form of heat must be limited for 24 hours after the treatment such as saunas or hot baths
- Stay hydrated and limit sodium, and alcohol intake to reduce excess swelling.
- Call with any questions regarding your treatment